Page 7 of 11

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:22 pm
by Onix
Yey! Sweet sweet information!

Looking through the periscope and checking your other sensors, you see what appear to be a large number (it's hard to tell how many) of dinosaurs(!) on the other side of the Hex. They're all herded up and grazing. There are also smaller animals moving in and out of the dinosaurs. This is still 10 Km (6ish mi) away so even with magnification radar and infra-red it's hard to tell a lot more.

The convoy is headed directly toward them being lead by the Demolisher. Will you do anything with this info?

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:46 am
by Chainsaw Aardvark
Well, I would start humming (starting about the 60 second mark for the most recognizable bit...) However, that movie would be a few centuries in the past for Zvika.

Still, the chance for a little fun with the inter-vehicle radio channel presents itself:

"Hello everyone - this is you captain speaking, thank you for taking Zvika Artifact tours. If you look to your left, you will see nothing. To the right- more nothing! And straight ahead - creatures from Earth's pre-historic past. Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times and do not feed the dinosaurs."

When the CO tells me to knock it off, I'll reply "Sorry Sir! I know that is wrongful use of the radio. But there really are dinosaurs at eleven -O'clock, ten clicks and closing."

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:03 am
by Onix
That's pretty funny, so I'll just go with that's how it goes. :lol: especially with an accent.

Everyone is hanging out the windows with binoculars trying to see (hopefully not the drivers though).

The excitement wanes because most can't make anything out at that distance. Once the vehicles move half way through the hex the interest re-ignites because they can make out more.

Zivka starts to be able to make out some details and can see the smaller creatures are some kind of cattle. He also starts to make out that several of the dinosaurs look like they have riders.

The herd is moving through a doorway to the next Hex. When the vehicles get close (+/- 1Km) they stop to allow the vehicles through.

Even closer you can now clearly see upwards of 80 good sized Hadrosaurs. Edward can identify them, the natives call them Pettok. The cattle like creatures are called Berem.

You can pick out three riders. The herdsman ride on a saddle half way up the neck of the Pettok and direct it with a long stick.

You pass through the doorway into a Residential Hex. It would be much easier to show you a picture of what is around, so let me get one set up for you. In the meantime if both of you can take Int rolls.

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 am
by Onix
Image
The Pettok

Image
The Berem

The Demolisher slows down considerably and moves into the hex and in between the city blocks (the big triangles). The herd looks like it went this way because there are muddy tracks and droppings along the way. The Demolisher moves forward towards the city blocks but turns in the opposite direction of the animal tracks.
Image
The Demolisher stops inside the city block structure. Inside there are circular panels on the ceiling that provide illumination in between the towers. The area appears dusty like it hasn’t been entered in a number of years. Faded banners hang from every building. The lettering on the banners is too faded to make out.

The Captain and the diplomats get out again. The Priest and Warrior exit again and approach the head of the convoy. The Priest will talk to the diplomatic delegation while the Warrior walks up and down the convoy scrutinizing everyone and everything. After a short while the Priest and Warrior abruptly get back in the Demolisher and leave. The Captain starts walking back through the convoy and telling everyone that this is going to be the camp.

While everyone is unpacking, take another Int roll (so that's two now).

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:15 am
by misterecho

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:15 am
by Onix
Rolling for Zivka 1d100=4, 1d100=22 There's teamwork for ya'. Zivka gets a decent look inside where the Pettok went.


The residential towers themselves are white except for on the lowest level and around window openings where they are painted with bright blue and yellow patterns. Most patterns are blocks of varying simple geometric patterns that appear to be hand painted on.

Higher up there are large colorful banners with writing on them that hang from the windows.

Edward's successful Int roll result. While the soldiers are unpacking their gear, the diplomatic team and the officers are arguing whether they should set up camp in the buildings or set up tents on the ground. The Priest said that the ASO group could live in the building and the diplomatic team is insisting that the group move into the building. The officers are worried about security and that there could be listening devices in the building. The argument ends in a compromise, The group will stay in tents on the ground for the first night and then move into the building after it has been checked out by the Comm Officers.

As this decision is made, a group of five Pettok walk up to the entrance to the city block about 200 meters away. They all have riders and are decorated by large feathers and the center one has an iridescent chest plate made of scales. They ride up to the convoy. Some of the men are obviously nervous about the large dinosaur like creatures. The riders appear aloof. The Platoon is nearly silent as the Pettok walk within meters of the men and the whole experience is a bit unnerving.

Then someone shoulders their G-82 assault rifle and starts yelling at the riders to back off. It is Sergeant Jeffreys and he is five meters away from Edward.

The riders do back off about thirty meters but Jeffreys is still pointing his rifle a them.

What do you do?

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:07 am
by misterecho
I walk upto the Sgt and whisper, "stand down Sgt." as I slowly raise my hand upto the weapon and lower it gently.

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:29 am
by Onix
He's really agitated, take a Charisma roll to see if you can calm him down.

Chainsaw, is Zivka going to get involved?

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:58 am
by misterecho
1d100=3

[holy Toledo Batman!]

usually this means I have some really bad dice rolls coming at really inconvenient times.

Re: Introductory Game - The Artifact

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 pm
by Chainsaw Aardvark
Well, Zvika should be shutting down his machine and doing a quick once over to make sure its ready, followed by complaining to to the officers that a constrained housing block like this is a bad place to situate a tank for rapid reaction.

However at the moment, getting out of constrained cockpit, finding a place to take a piss, and gawking at the dinosaurs takes precedence over being strictly "by-the-book". Its turned off now, but the other stuff come later.

As to the rider incident in progress a bit less then helpful comment -"I do not think that rifle is big enough to harm the animal. Might just make it mad. Calm down and enjoy it." Zvika then tries to make a friendly gesture to the riders by smiling, waving, and giving a friendly greeting in Hebrew [שלום וערב טוב אליך ] (Hello and good evening to you).