Round Table RPG
This is a playing card based rpg. All you need is a notebook, pencil, cards, and this rulebook. This is pretty much a never ending game… well only if you don’t die. In Round Table, every skill is based upon a stat, and replaces it when making checks. If you do not have the skill, use the basic attribute score instead. For example if I have Knowledge 4 and Herb Lore 6, then I can test my herbal knowledge at level 6 but other subjects at level 4.
In Round Table there are five “statistics” (also known as stats or even attributes) which every player character has. These are:
- Body – this represents the toughness, endurance, stamina, and strength of the character. A character with a high Body will have greater resistance to poison, starvation, and physical damage. It does not necessarily imply physical bulk. Many crafts are covered here.
- Dexterity- the characters hand-eye co-ordination, agility, balance, and speed of reaction. In short, anything physical that is not covered by Body.
- Knowledge- how much the character knows, both general knowledge and specific. Usually, but not necessarily, implies a measure of intelligence.
- Aura – the strength of the character’s will and personality. Characters with high aura can be commanding, charming, intimidating, any / all of the above. Used in many social situations.
- Weapon Skill (no suit) – the characters general ability in combat, be it close-combat, unarmed or accuracy with a ranged weapon.
You choose your stats by dividing 2 points between them. All stats must be at least 2 and no more than 6.
Tags: Jacob Vaughn